Every January, we tend to go into resolution mode - it's a great time to evaluate our lives, create goals and plans.
Being a pole dancer and instructor, I'm always looking to improve my pole skills as well as support my students' pole practice.
One way to do this is to set "pole goals". In the past, it was "which pole move are you aiming to achieve?" But this year, I'm taking a different spin on my own personal pole goals.
I would like to share them with you! Here are my 5 pole goals for 2016:
1. To play more with shapes and movement around the pole.
2. To be inspired by other pole performers.
3. To ensure I don't over train and over work my body, by taking rest breaks.
4. To be willing to step out of my comfort zone and try new moves.
5. To have fun with pole and not be hard on myself when I am struggling with a move.
I hope these goals support you in your pole training. Remember, it's not always about getting the "cool move" !
Happy pole dance to you!